HLTAID014 Provide advanced first aid
HLTAID014 Provide Advanced First Aid - (this course can also be run as a skill set with HLTAID015 Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy
Challenging situations, such as multiple casualty incidents, having to move or extricate casualties, or treating potentially fatal illnesses and injuries are high risk. It is imperative that training occurs to be able to know what to do when confronted with a real-life incident.
This course provides practical simulated real-life situations to learn and gain the confidence to coordinate and manage a response and provide advanced first aid in line with legal, community and workplace considerations, Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines and other Australian national peak clinical bodies until emergency services arrive.
Instruction on basic first aid and CPR will be provided, as well as treatments specific to advanced conditions, such as hypothermia or hyperthermia, head, neck and spinal injuries, using tourniquets and haemostatic dressings for life-threatening bleeding, and managing a casualty in shock.
The course covers recording casualty condition, completing workplace incident documentation and debriefing for recognising areas for improvement, psychological impacts, and seeking help as required.
Important information prior to enrolment
Unit Being Delivered
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909:
- HLTAID014 Provide advanced first aid
- HLTAID011 Provide first aid
- HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
To view full unit details please visit www.training.gov.au
This course will be delivered in the workplace or at a iKit First Aid training facility.
- Enhanced Learning – pre-course online learning plus a short 6 hour practical assessment session
- Face to face – 16 hours (minimum) – full face to face course.
Work Placement Arrangements
No work placement will be required as part of this course.
Learners Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including complaints
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website allenstraining.com.au for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
Course Fees and Payments
- Please refer to our booking calendar for individual course fees.
- Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook.
- Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks. These are detailed in the sections following.
Participants must have the physical capacity to perform 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor.
Online study options: Students must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet or other electronic devices with access to the internet to complete the online/ pre-course studies.
Refund Policy and Cancellation
When an applicant accepts a place offered by IKit First Aid Supplies and pays the fees, it means a binding contract is created between the student and IKit First Aid Supplies. Notification of cancellation/withdrawal from unit/s of competency, withdrawal or deferral from a course of study must be made in writing to Ikit First Aid Supplies to email@example.com
In the case of cancellation/withdrawal, the following cancellation fees will apply:
▪ Students who give notice to cancel their enrolment more than 10 days prior to the commencement of a program will be entitled to a full refund of fees paid.
▪ Students who give notice to cancel their enrolment fees less than 10 days prior to the commencement of a program will be entitled to a 75% refund of fees paid. The amount retained (25%) by IKit First Aid Supplies is required to cover the cost of staff and resources which will have already been committed based on the student’s initial intention to undertake the training. Enrolments into short courses (one day) can also be transferred to an alternative date in cases where there is one available provided a full 48 hours (not including weekends) notice is provided, or full fees will be forfeited if unable to attend the course.
▪ Students who cancel their enrolment after a training program has commenced or simply do not attend without notice prior to course commencing will not be entitled to a refund of fees and will not be entitled to changing to a different date. Enrolment into a course via distance delivery will be deemed to have commenced when the learner resources have been dispatched. There is no charge for a student to transfer to another short course if that course where dates are available at no charge provided the request is no later than 48 hours (weekends not included) before course commencement, otherwise full fees will be forfeited. If IKit First Aid Supplies cancels a course, then a full refund will be made available to whoever paid that course fee. Please note that administration fees may still apply for the processing of refunds. Discretion may be exercised by the Director in all situations, if the student can demonstrate that extenuating or significant personal circumstance led to their withdrawal. In these cases, the student should be offered a full credit toward the tuition fee in another scheduled program in-lieu of a refund. The Director may also authorise a refund of tuition fees if the circumstances require it. Where refunds are approved, the refund payment must be paid to the student within 14 days from the time the student gave written notice to cancel their enrolment. Tuition refunds are to be paid via electronic funds transfer using the authorised bank account nominated by the student via email request. Note: If for any reason IKit First Aid Supplies is unable to fulfil its service agreement with a student, IKit First Aid Supplies must refund the student’s proportion of fees paid for services not delivered or make alternative arrangements
What happens at the course?
Assessments conducted during face-to-face training session(s) include:
- Performance tasks – The assessor must observe the following performance tasks:
- Perform CPR on an adult (incl. the use of an AED and placing a casualty into the recovery position)
- Complete a first aid incident report form based on the adult CPR simulated first aid scenario
- Perform CPR on an infant
- Manage a casualty with anaphylaxis
- Manage a casualty with asthma
- Manage a choking casualty
- Manage a casualty with non-life-threatening bleeding and shock, requiring minor wound cleaning
- Manage a casualty with a nosebleed
- Manage a casualty with a fracture and dislocation
- Manage a casualty with a sprain and strain
- Manage a casualty with envenomation (snake/ funnel-web spider bite)
- Simulated First Aid Scenario – Manage a casualty with a life-threatening bleed
- Complete a first aid incident report form based on the life-threatening bleed first aid scenario
- Coordinate a multiple casualty incident
- Theory assessment – A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice questions. The student must complete all assessment questions.