HLTAID007 Provide advanced resuscitation
HLTAID007 Provide advanced resuscitation
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to use specialised equipment in the provision of resuscitation in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines.
This unit applies to workers who may be required to use specialised equipment to provide resuscitation in a range of complex situations, include community and workplace settings.
Specific licensing requirements relating to this competency, including requirements for refresher training, should be obtained from the relevant state/territory Work Health and Safety Regulatory
This Advanced Resuscitation course is delivered in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines and applies to all workers or members of the community who may be required to provide CPR, oxygen, BVM and Airway adjuncts in the event of an emergency.
Participants attending this course will develop the skills, knowledge and confidence required to provide an emergency response and use specialised equipment for those in need of resuscitation, in a range of complex situations, including community and workplace settings.
Participants will also learn how to monitor and handover the casualty to medical professionals for further care, and how to maintain resuscitation and oxygen equipment.
Important information prior to enrolment
Unit Being Delivered
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909:
- HLTAID007 Provide advanced resuscitation
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
To view full unit details please visit www.training.gov.au
This course will be delivered in the workplace or at an iKit First Aid training facility.
- Enhanced Learning – Pre-course online learning plus a short 1 hour practical assessment session
- Face to face – 6 hours (minimum) – full face to face course.
Work Placement Arrangements
No work placement will be required as part of this course.
Learners Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including complaints
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website allenstraining.com.au for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
Course Fees and Payments
- Please refer to our booking calendar for individual course fees.
- Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook.
- Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks. These are detailed in the sections following.
Participants must have the physical capacity to perform 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor.
Refund Policy and Cancellation
When an applicant accepts a place offered by IKit First Aid Supplies and pays the fees, it means a binding contract is created between the student and IKit First Aid Supplies. Notification of cancellation/withdrawal from unit/s of competency, withdrawal or deferral from a course of study must be made in writing to Ikit First Aid Supplies. In the case of cancellation/withdrawal, the following cancellation fees will apply:
▪ Students who give notice to cancel their enrollment more than 10 days prior to the commencement of a program will be entitled to a full refund of fees paid.
▪ Students who give notice to cancel their enrollment fees less than 10 days prior to the commencement of a program will be entitled to a 75% refund of fees paid. The amount retained (25%) by IKit First Aid Supplies is required to cover the cost of staff and resources which will have already been committed based on the student’s initial intention to undertake the training. Enrollments into short courses (one day) can also be transferred to an alternative date in cases where there is one available.
▪ Students who cancel their enrollment after a training program has commenced will not be entitled to a refund of fees. Enrollment into a course via distance delivery will be deemed to have commenced when the learner resources have been dispatched. There is no charge for a student to transfer to another course with IKit First Aid Supplies. If IKit First Aid Supplies cancels a course, then a full refund will be made available to whoever paid that course fee. Please note that administration fees may still apply for the processing of refunds. Discretion may be exercised by the Director in all situations, if the student can demonstrate that extenuating or significant personal circumstance led to their withdrawal. In these cases, the student should be offered a full credit toward the tuition fee in another scheduled program in-lieu of a refund. The Director may also authorise a refund of tuition fees if the circumstances require it. Where refunds are approved, the refund payment must be paid to the student within 14 days from the time the student gave written notice to cancel their enrolment. Tuition refunds are to be paid via electronic funds transfer using the authorised bank account nominated by the student via email request. Note: If for any reason IKit First Aid Supplies is unable to fulfil its service agreement with a student, IKit First Aid Supplies must refund the student’s proportion of fees paid for services not delivered or make alternative arrangements
What happens at the course?
Assessments conducted during face-to-face training session(s) include:
- Performance tasks – The assessor must observe the following performance tasks:
- Administer oxygen and maintain equipment
- Practical scenarios – The assessor must observe the following practical scenario:
- Perform CPR on an infant
- Perform CPR on an adult
- Administer oxygen to an unconscious casualty
- Documentation – The student must complete the following to the appropriate standard:
- Incident report forms
- Theory assessment – A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice questions. Model responses are provided later in this document. The student must complete all assessment questions.
For an alternative method to pay for this course, pay with the IKIT PayPal link below