HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
In day to day life, in the workplace, in the community or at home, you may be confronted by a life-threatening emergency such as someone experiencing Cardiac Arrest. Quick decision making and knowledge on what to do could save someone’s life.
This course provides you with the skills and knowledge to recognise when someone is unconscious and not breathing normally (Cardiac Arrest) and increase their chance of survival by calling an ambulance and performing potentially lifesaving cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), including using a defibrillator, until emergency services arrive to take over.
The course is delivered in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines and applies to all workers or members of the community who may be required to provide CPR in the event of an emergency.
Important information prior to enrolment
Unit Being Delivered
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909:
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
To view full unit details please visit training.gov.au
This course will be delivered in the workplace or at an iKit First Aid training facility.
- Enhanced Learning – short pre-course online learning plus a short 30 minute practical assessment session
- Face to face – 3 hours (minimum) – full face to face course.
Work Placement Arrangements
No work placement will be required as part of this course.
Learners Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including complaints
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website allenstraining.com.au for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
Course Fees and Payments
- Please refer to our booking calendar for individual course fees.
- Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook.
- Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks. These are detailed in the sections following.
Participants must have the physical capacity to perform 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor.
Refund Policy and Cancellation
When an applicant accepts a place offered by IKit First Aid Supplies and pays the fees, it means a binding contract is created between the student and IKit First Aid Supplies. Notification of cancellation/withdrawal from unit/s of competency, withdrawal or deferral from a course of study must be made in writing to Ikit First Aid Supplies. In the case of cancellation/withdrawal, the following cancellation fees will apply:
▪ Students who give notice to cancel their enrollment more than 10 days prior to the commencement of a program will be entitled to a full refund of fees paid.
▪ Students who give notice to cancel their enrollment fees less than 10 days prior to the commencement of a program will be entitled to a 75% refund of fees paid. The amount retained (25%) by IKit First Aid Supplies is required to cover the cost of staff and resources which will have already been committed based on the student’s initial intention to undertake the training. Enrollments into short courses (one day) can also be transferred to an alternative date in cases where there is one available.
▪ Students who cancel their enrollment after a training program has commenced will not be entitled to a refund of fees. Enrollment into a course via distance delivery will be deemed to have commenced when the learner resources have been dispatched. There is no charge for a student to transfer to another course with IKit First Aid Supplies. If IKit First Aid Supplies cancels a course, then a full refund will be made available to whoever paid that course fee. Please note that administration fees may still apply for the processing of refunds. Discretion may be exercised by the Director in all situations, if the student can demonstrate that extenuating or significant personal circumstance led to their withdrawal. In these cases, the student should be offered a full credit toward the tuition fee in another scheduled program in-lieu of a refund. The Director may also authorise a refund of tuition fees if the circumstances require it. Where refunds are approved, the refund payment must be paid to the student within 14 days from the time the student gave written notice to cancel their enrollment. Tuition refunds are to be paid via electronic funds transfer using the authorised bank account nominated by the student via email request. Note: If for any reason IKit First Aid Supplies is unable to fulfill its service agreement with a student, IKit First Aid Supplies must refund the student’s proportion of fees paid for services not delivered or make alternative arrangements
What happens at the course?
Assessments conducted during face-to-face training session(s) include:
- Performance tasks – The assessor must observe the following performance tasks:
- Perform CPR on an infant
- Practical scenarios – The assessor must observe the following practical scenario:
- Perform CPR on an adult
- Theory assessment – A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice questions. The student must successfully complete all assessment questions.
For an alternative method to pay for this course, pay with the IKIT PayPal link below